Friday, October 3, 2014

High Five for Friday!

#1

Lunch with a dear friend and former coworker.  My heart just feels full after time with her:)

#2

Bunco league kick off!  I love bringing twelve ladies together to share in a night of chatting, snacks, and fun.  I especially love that these ladies come from many different times and places in my life, yet we all come together for bunco:)  Oh, and I made apple dumplings that were delicious with ice cream and caramel sauce....mmmmm....

#3

It's been quite sometime since I've been involved in a formal Bible study, so I'm excited to start the Children of the Day study on 1st and 2nd Thessalonians.

#4

Disclaimer: This is a hodge podge item, so hold on tight.  I don't mind cooking, but I'm definitely the recipe following type.  Well, this week I had some left over chicken (from this recipe) and noticed in the comments that someone used the leftovers in enchiladas.  I've never made enchiladas, but decided that the left over chicken, black beans, and corn in my fridge/freezer could easily be added to flour tortillas.  I found a recipe for Simple Chicken Enchiladas to follow some basics like temp, cook time, etc.  In the end, we had a good dinner paired with cilantro lime rice.  So, this High Five is for the internet that inspired my experiment, the fact that my experiment was edible in the end, and that I was feeling creative enough to give the experiment a shot.  This was really out of my wheelhouse, and yes, Brent was surprised by it too;)

#5

We had a lovely outing to Northwoods Orchard with friends last weekend.  It was 80 degrees, sunny, and beautiful!  (Not exactly the type of weather expected when visiting the orchard in MN at the end of September.)  Luke has always loved the corn mazes and this year Nora was very excited by all of the pumpkins and she especially liked the tractor/wagon ride.
Squinty chair pic, but Luke loves it:)
Trying to pick up a pumpkin
Cutie
Luke looks exasperated in this pic,
but they were really having fun together:)

This huge willow provided
lots of entertainment!
Love the views from the corn maze

No comments:

Post a Comment