Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Painting in Progress

So we're finally doing it...painting pretty much our entire first floor (entry, stairwell, living room, dining/kitchen, hallway).  We haven't tackled this much painting since we moved in seven years ago and that was before we actually moved in so it was less to work around.  But, the time has come for the living room and dining/kitchen for sure as the paint is looking worn and needs some refreshing. 

This paint job has been on my radar for the past couple of years, but I knew that when I brought it up that Brent would want to change the color, which I happen to love.  Long story short, it's time to paint and we almost have the final paint colors solidified (I'm the one dragging my feet).  We got the input of a designer to help in color choice, contemplated the colors ourselves, put paint samples on the walls to see them in different lights...after all of this, I'm thinking the actual act of painting may not be so bad:) 

I personally find the paint selection to be very stressful.  That probably sounds dumb, but I know painting is  a lot of work so I don't want to do it again anytime soon.  Plus, I have to live with the color e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y.  That is quite the commitment!

I thought I'd give a sneak peak into our house in disarray as we prep walls and make the final decision on colors. 

 The disarray we call our living room

 Luke finds the new arrangement the prime location for obstacle courses and gymnastics

 After painting a sample on the large wall, we considered not painting and leaving this (which we call "Moon Over the Storm") as a art/talking piece:)

 Comparing colors

Getting Luke's input

Hopefully we'll have our living room back together before long and will be able to share the "after" pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can tell you are young. I am hoping never to paint again. It looks very classy. I love Luke's intense input. He's such a little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be just like you, agonizing over the color choice for weeks on end, sounds painful! I the sample colors you have up all look nice!

    ReplyDelete