Thursday, December 22, 2011

Heavenly Dessert

I just had to share potentially the best dessert I've ever eaten:  Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding


I had the lovely excuse to make it tonight for Brent to bring to work tomorrow for their Festivus celebration.  If you're not familiar with Festivus, I can assume you were not an avid Seinfeld viewer.  Apparently, quite a few people who work with Brent are Seinfeld fans, so a Festivus celebration it is! 

Ok, back to the amazing dessert.  Last year at a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting, one of the lovely moms, Jena, brought this amazing dessert to share.  We meet in the mornings and share breakfast together, and yes, I believe the lovely banana pudding qualifies...it does have fruit in it after all.  Anyway, a lot of the time, we don't have the food labeled at our MOPS smorgasbord.  The day Jena brought the banana pudding was no different.  I didn't know what it was, but it looked intriguing.  If it had been labeled as banana pudding, I don't think I would have been interested.  One bite and I was hooked!  It tastes light and fluffy, creamy and dreamy, and has yummy cookies as the "crust" that add a little crunch.  Yummmmm!!!

Since my first experience with this incredible recipe, I've only made it a few times.  Why?  Well, it makes an entire 9x13 pan and if it's not eaten fast enough the bananas start to brown.  So, I keep it in the back of my mind for events that I can bring it to to share with lots of hungry mouths. 

I must warn you, there is nothing healthy about this recipe, so make it at your own risk.  And, even though it tastes light and fluffy, the completed recipe in the 9x13 pan feels like it weighs 10 pounds...must be all of that goodness packed inside;)  I also enjoy getting a sneak peek at the tastiness by licking the mixing bowls before washing them since the recipe requires refrigeration before serving.

I nearly forgot, you can easily make this a "holiday" recipe this time of year because Pepperidge Farms makes holiday designed Chessman Cookies with trees, wreaths, etc in place of the normal designs below.  Too cute!


1 comment:

  1. I remember that treat quite well, it was amazing. Banana cream pie is my fav. pie, so this was perfect to me! Brent's co-workers are lucky!

    ReplyDelete