Tuesday, July 10, 2012

End of Pregnancy Musings

What I'll miss...

  • Nora's love taps throughout the day
  • The relative ease (though getting harder each day) of you coming along everywhere while in utero

What I know is to come...

  • Feedings every 2-3 hours (which I'm getting prepared for now with very broken up sleep in these final weeks of pregnancy)
  • Lots of diaper changes
  • Lots of adjustments to life with an infant
  • Physical recovery from either labor or c-section (which ever ends up being the means to the end)
  • A flabby belly that I'll have to work on
  • Watching what I eat again (yeah, I didn't care at all while prego:)) and probably joining Weight Watchers again in a few months

What I'm looking forward to...

  • Two weeks of special family time while Brent is off work and we all embrace our new family and life together
  • Maternity leave and flexibility of schedule as we all adjust to life with an infant again
  • Getting to see what Nora looks like
  • Gazing at a sweet baby face
  • Seeing Luke as a big brother
  • Seeing Brent as daddy to a baby girl
  • Dressing Nora in all the fun outfits we've gotten
  • Fewer (possibly no) trips to the bathroom in the night
  • Being able to do the physical things I haven't been able to while pregnant...it's a long list...

No comments:

Post a Comment