Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Favorites

There is so much to love about the Christmas season and I think everyone has their favorites or things that induce fond memories.  Here are a few of mine!

Music

All I Want for Christmas Is You, by Mariah Carey (Michael Buble's version is a close second) ~ It also makes me think of one of my favorite movies below, Love Actually, because a girl in the movie sings it.

White Christmas, by The Drifters (from Home Alone) ~ Love this version and it always makes me think of Home Alone.

Where Are You Christmas, by Faith Hill (from How the Grinch Stole Christmas) ~  Simply a great song.

Christmas Canon, by Trans-Siberian Orchestra ~ I've always loved Canon in D, so a Christmas version is jsut a bonus!

Christmas Is All In the Heart, by Steven Curtis Chapman ~  This song makes me think of Luke when it talks of the "little blonde headed boy".

Baby It's Cold Outside, by Zooey Deschanel (from Elf)  ~ I'm sure I heard this song before seeing Elf, but I honestly can't remember and I love how Zooey sings it.

Christmas Song, by Dave Matthews Band ~ Simply a great song.

I cannot even begin to choose my favorite Christmas hymns, so I stuck with my favorites on the radio.

Movies

Elf ~ This has become a newer favorite for me and our entire family

Miracle on 34th Street ~ Specifically the 1994 version from my childhood.  I even still have the VHS:)

Love Actually ~ This isn't really a Christmas movie, but it's set at Christmas time and I always want to watch it in December

The Holiday ~ Another newer favorite with great actors and a sweet story.

Timmy's Gift ~ This is an oldie but a goodie from my childhood, and yes, I still have my own copy on VHS.

Decorations

If I had to choose just one decoration to display for Christmas, it would absolutely be the WillowTree Nativity that my Grandma gave me over the span of several Christmases.  One of my favorite things about it is that Mary is holding the baby Jesus.  It feels so intimate and touching.  And, I just love WillowTree figures andtheir ability to show feeling without any facial expression.

I have most everything in this picture except for the angels
I also love having the tree lit in the living room. The warm glow is heartwarming and makes the room feel so cozy and welcoming. 



What are your Christmas favorites?  I'd love to know what makes this season special for you too:)
 
 
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading about all your Christmas favorites! I tend to listen to the old Christmas tunes, silent night, hark the harold angels sing and, joy to the world you get the idea. Rick and I like to watch, the Jim Carrey rendition of "The Grinch" every year, and I'm a decorating crazy lady. Every year I say I'm gonna down size, but I never do :)

    ReplyDelete