Sunday, June 9, 2013

Run, Run, As Fast As You Can!

This weekend Luke and I ran in a community run together.  The Go for the Gold run is a fundraiser to fight childhood cancer and we will certainly be participating again next year.  It was a great event and supported a great cause!  The events included a 5K run, a 3K walk, kids sprints (50, 100, 200, 400 meters) and other fun events like a dunk tank and testimonials from families fighting childhood cancer.  It was a beautiful day and lots of fun for all ages!

After my run and before Luke's
P.S. I don't run as fast as I can, my goal is
simply to keep running till the finish line:)

Runner and Cheerleader

Papa and Gma came out to watch Luke

Lined up for the 50 meter race (Luke's on the right end)
100 Meter Race
Trust me, turn down the volume, I was cheering and recording:) 

Luke ran the 50 and 100 meter races
and got second place in both!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great experience for mom and son....looks like you have a sprinter in the family

    ReplyDelete