Thursday, February 9, 2017

We Love Wednesdays

Skiing
Luke, Bridget, Ross, and I were able to ski together for the first time!  We've tried to make it happen for a couple winters, but had obstacles every time, so it was great to finally get out together.  We had a few highlights from the night.  First, I had a wild finale on the hill named Wild Finale:)  I had a bit too much speed at the end and hit ice when trying to turn.  It was as graceful of a fall as I could ask for:  I kept my skis on and essentially skidded out on my right side.  No worse for wear:)  The second highlight involved all of us on the chairlift.  After a couple hours of skiing, we were all attempting to load a 4 person chairlift (which we had done successfully many times already).  As we approached the loading area, I looked down and saw a big old mess of skis crossing every which way...not a good sign.  It all happened very fast, but in the end, Ross was the only one that made it on the seat:)  Bridget and I got tangled and fell under the chair and Luke got pushed off to the side (not at all scathed:)).  Bridge and I were laughing hysterically and the chairlift operator was right on the job stopping the lift and helping us up:)  Amazingly, after both of these mishaps, I only came home with a small bruise on one knee!  The third highlight was Ross thinking he was taking a trail through the woods that turned out not to be a trail after all.  We all watched laughing as he made his way through branches and bumpy terrain to get himself out:)  A final highlight was more of a memory.  We went down Leapin Liz and I remembered skiing off the hill and under the fence when I was in middle school and learning to ski.  Thankfully a friend (and much better skier) came to rescue me:)
We had a great night out together making new memories and remembering some old memories.


Momma Friends
My dear friend, Liz, and I got to spend a day together last Friday!  We try to get together every couple months, but we had gone nearly five months this time.  That is unacceptable!  Liz was sweet enough to make the trip to Rochester, we ate Mr Pizza North for lunch, and did a little shopping together.  
My other dear friend, Krista, and I got to have a phone date last week!  We don't get long chats very often, but they're such a blessing when we do...and they're long when we do:)  Thanks to our lovely hubbies for being POD (parent on duty) while we catch up and solve the world's problems.   
I am a better person, wife, and momma for amazing women like Liz and Krista in my life.

A sweet pic of Nora wearing a hat that Liz made her.
My friends are so talented!


Brent's Good Report!  
Check out the other post I wrote with more details, but the gist is he has permission to start weaning from the aircast boot and crutches!  Walking and driving are in the near future!

Though, I have gotten used to this view in the mudroom;)


Early Release 
As I'm sure you could guess, this was one of Luke's favorites:)  An early release from school on a Wednesday meant a couple extra hours hanging with the Riggin kids next door!  We are blessed by lovely friends next door.  

Playing at Halftime 
Stewartville Youth Basketball gives their teams opportunities twice a winter to scrimmage during the high school basketball games.  This Tuesday was Luke's team's second chance to play but Brent's first chance to be there with the team.  The boys play their little hearts out knowing they are on "the big stage" and the audience cheers for their baskets to encourage them too:)  

Nora's Half Birthday
This half birthday business is new for me.  Luke's birthday is in the middle of the school year.  Easy to remember for bringing birthday treats to school and celebrating with classmates.  Nora, however, has a summer birthday.  Thankfully the teachers at her preschool have a Facebook page for family members and I had seen in January that another classmate had celebrated her half birthday.  Ding, ding, ding...Jen, you need to plan this for Nora!  Well, her half birthday was January 11, but we didn't get the birthday celebration on the calendar until this week.  Nora was excited to bring a treat and go through all of the motions of birthday in a preschool class.  She got a crown, a special surprise (a gift bag with a few little things in it to bring home...NOT to be opened until she was home, according to Nora), a picture with her teacher and I believe Happy Birthday was sung with a toy birthday cake (if I'm understanding Nora's telling accurately;))  She had a fun time being the birthday girl and now I need to keep this on my radar for January every year!  

Nora and Mrs. Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment