Thursday, August 12, 2010

August Happenings

We've had some fun times so far in August:

Luke and I explored the Olmsted County Fair animal barns on the free admission night. We even got to see part of a horse show with young kids doing "egg and spoon". I have no experience with horse shows, but egg and spoon is when the kids ride their horse holding an egg in a spoon. I guess it tests their control of the horse while they are told to move at different speeds in the arena. Interesting event:) I think horses are such magnificent animals, so I enjoyed every minute of watching them with the young kids.

We were able to have dinner with my grandparents, parents, Bridget, and my aunt while my grandparents were in town for my grandma's two year check after her kidney transplant. It was great to see them. We plan to make a trip to Albert Lea later this month to spend some time with them again.

We saw my immediate family only days later to celebrate my sister's birthday and got a wonderful surprise....BRIDGET AND ROSS ARE GETTING MARRIED!!! Ross is a great guy and we're excited to make him an official part of the family:) They are planning on a September 2011 wedding and all three of us will be in the wedding. I'm looking forward to helping with planning however Bridge needs!

After Bridget's birthday dinner, we took in a free outdoor movie at the Olmsted County Historical Society. We went to one last year and Luke thought it was great so I was excited to learn they were doing more this year!

Luke waiting for the movie to start

My parents joined us too

The movie, Hoodwinked, was cute, and my dad and Brent got a nice nap in their camping chairs:)

This week we've been blessed with a family pass to the Rochester Athletic Club from our friends, Corey and Angie. It couldn't have come at a better time with this horrible heat. Brent has played basketball, we've played in The Neighborhood when it was too hot to play outside, Luke and I have swam in the outdoor pool, and I was able to run on a treadmill in the air conditioning instead of running outside in the heat. So much fun:)

Brent continues to work in his starter garden and pulled all of the carrots today. Some of the fruits of his labor:

Some of them were very big with about 2 inch diameters!

And, finally, this was just too sweet to pass up:

Brent and Luke reading The Jungle Book before bed:)

We have more fun-filled weeks of August yet to come. Hope you're all enjoying your summer!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the carrots are impressive, go Brent! I love the reading picture, so sweet :) There must be some free pass thing going on right now? Chris just got a week pass to the club from a friend as well, I think I'll go to the pool with Audrey, fun! Glad to read about your updates Jen and congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete