Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pre-Nora Goals

I'm highly driven by productivity, logic, and time.  I've been thinking lately about some of the things I'd like to get accomplished before Nora is born, and figured a blog post would be a good place to document.  A few of these are obvious getting-ready-for-baby tasks, but others are things that I know would get pushed to the bottom of the priority list once Nora is born...I have a feeling we'll be kind of busy come late July;)
  • Agree on a paint color with Brent and paint Nora's room
  • Purchase a car seat and stroller
  • Get a video of my belly rockin and rollin from Nora's movements:)
  • Make a dent in organizing pictures, blog posts, and memorabilia from Luke's life so far.  I've got it mostly in chronological order now, but would like to get it all documented in one place.  This is a HUGE task for me.  My type A personality wants it to be perfect, though I don't actually believe there is a "right" way to do it either.  Thankfully I have some wonderful friends who are coaching me through the process of simply getting started!
  • Strip then re-stain the dresser in our bedroom.  We got the dresser unfinished as a wedding gift and only put a clear varnish on it then.  I'd really like to freshen it up with a colored stain and new hardware.  What's stopping me?  Ability.  I don't know what I'm doing and would either need someone to walk me through the process, or find someone to do it for me.  If you know anyone, I'm open to suggestions!
  • STAY ACTIVE!  The pregnancy program I was in at the gym is finished so I'm feeling less motivated to get to the gym as much.  Plus, it depends on the day if I have the energy to exercise too (recently, I seem to have a few highly productive days a week and intermittent lazy days).  Thankfully, I can still work out with a group of prego ladies at the gym one evening a week, which is at least something.  I've also been getting a couple walks in a day at work.
  • Reread On Becoming Baby Wise.  We read this book while we were pregnant with Luke, and it was a big help in keeping Brent and I on the same page with baby's schedule, etc. 
I think that about wraps it up.  I have no doubt that all the other little details will fall into place.  Feel free to ask me about any of these at any time to keep me accountable:)

No comments:

Post a Comment