Friday, April 27, 2012

28 Weeks

At 28 Weeks, you are:
  • Busy as always, which I especially enjoy at night when I read in bed.  It's a fun time together when I get to relax and really feel each of your movements.
  • Filling in the space in mommy's womb.  I can feel your elbows, knees, or whatever little part pushing against my belly and can give you a little push back:) 
  • Measuring right on target and your heart rate is strong.
  • Gentle to mommy.  I rarely feel any "zingers" as I like to call them (aka kicks/punches to the bladder, etc)
  • Get lots of kisses from your brother.  Luke loves talking to you and kissing my belly.  He talks all the time about things we can do with you once you're born and as you grow.  He will be a wonderful big brother:)
  • Lying transverse (aka horizontal) according to the doctor today.  Nothing to be concerned about for now, but we hope you move head down in the next month to get positioned for your arrival.

 
At 28 Weeks, Mommy is:
  • Feeling good!  I feel the best on days when I'm active and the nice weather has helped with that:)  I also continue to attend my pregnancy workout once a week at the gym. 
  • Getting big!  Most reactions to people learning my due date is of surprise that I'm not due until July.  I got that even more when I was pregnant with Luke, but thankfully I have felt great carrying each of you!
  • Enjoying a few new favorite foods (especially on days I work):
    • Breakfast from the cafeteria - 2 slices of toast, 3 slices of bacon, and whatever form of breakfast potato they are serving (a great, filling breakfast for only $2 and change!)
    • Almost daily snack of an apple and cheese stick.  The interesting thing is that I've never been much of an apple eater, but they sure taste yummy now; and I never ate cheese sticks before (not a fan of cheese by itself). 
  • Sleeping well, other than bathroom breaks of course.
  • Gearing up for labor and delivery.  We finished our childbirth review classes this week and it was a very good reminder of the stages and how they went with Luke.  Even though Luke was delivered by c-section, we went through all of the laboring and even pushing, so I'm grateful to have that experience coming into round two this summer.  I'm also feeling very educated and empowered after our class and ready to meet you as soon as you're ready:)
  • Putting way too much thought into the stroller purchase.  I really just want to get one stroller that will last us through your infant/toddler/early preschool years and that will be versatile to use where ever we need it.  I'm hoping Daddy will help narrow the selections down soon because I'm overwhelmed.
  • Avoids bending over as much as possible.  The lowest shelves in the kitchen are no longer my friends and picking things up off the floor is left to the boys in the house if I can help it.
  • Hoping for a mild summer.  Being that I was pregnant with Luke in the winter, I have no experience being largely pregnant in the summer and am really hoping it's mild so I can stay active and not swell too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment