Thursday, April 26, 2012

From the Mouths of Babes

I've had a few good comments/questions from the kindergartners in my life recently about my being pregnant and wanted to document them:

Last week while I was at the gas station with Luke, a woman asked when I was due and chatted a bit about pregnancy.  After we got back in the car, Luke asked "How did that lady know you were pregnant?"  If you've seen me lately, you would have no trouble knowing I was pregnant just by looking at me.  I thought it was so great that he thought it was our little secret or something;)  Since this incident, Luke has mentioned a couple times after I get dressed for the day, "I still see Nora."  Love it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While volunteering in Luke's class recently, I had the typical "pregnancy conversation" with a table full of kindergartners:
One girl asks "Are you having a baby?"
Me: "Yes, I am."
Another girl asks "Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?"
Me: "We know she is a girl."
Another kiddo asks "Do you know her name?"
Me: "Yes, her name is Nora."
A sweet boy, who had heard this entire conversation asked with a confused look on his face, "How do you know her name already?"

Keep in mind, I volunteer weekly in Luke class and this was the first time any child had asked if I was pregnant...funny in itself since they are eye level with my growing belly:)  The remark from the little boy got me good though.  I'm not sure if he thinks babies are born with name tags on or if the baby should tell us her name when she comes out, but I loved the innocence of his question:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All I can say is I'm glad none of the kiddos in Luke's class have asked where babies come from or how she comes out.  I'll leave that education to each of their parents;)



2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine got on video his children talking about whether the baby was going to be a boy or a girl. They were convinced that the baby would come out in pink or blue pajamas and that would be how they'd know. :)

    ReplyDelete