Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cheap

Through the years, I've become more and more driven to find good deals.  Some of my favorite places include:
  • Consignment Shops in Rochester - I'm telling you people, there are so many great deals to be had, some stuff is even brand new!  Plus, it's just fun perusing what they have and, the shops I love, are very well organized
    • Kismet is my absolute fav - well organized clothes and fun home stuff
    • All in Vogue has a huge selection and they regularly have coupons in the Olmsted County Journal for additional savings.  They even have a maternity clothes rack, which I've hit up a few times while pregnant with Nora.
    • Children's Exchange - I only get there a couple times a year, but I especially love them for Halloween costumes, winter gear, and if I'm looking for something I know Luke won't wear much, but needs for something specific.
  • TJMaxx - LOVE TJs!  I have especially loved it since they added the Home Goods area several years ago, but clothes/shoe/undergarment shopping is great too:)
  • Outlet Stores - Medford Outlet Mall is only about 30 minutes away and it's got a great selection for adults and kids.  The past couple years we've gotten some great deals on clothes for Luke and there are some great options for men's work clothes too.  I've been shopping at Medford since I was a kid.  We typically made two trips per year as a family.  Great memories:)
  • Savers - I don't get there often, but if I'm looking for something specific (i.e. a bed skirt, which I found for $2) it's a great place!  I get a little overwhelmed by the size of the store, but I've also found some nice baby clothes at good prices.
The newest addition to my list of favorites is garage-saling.  I'm certainly no die hard, but I've been enjoying it more this spring as I've been searching for baby items.  Let's be serious, infant items aren't used for long and the babies aren't hard on them so you can get some very nice stuff at great prices!  I also try to watch Craigslist and the Mayo Classifieds for some of the bigger items, but it's hard to be on the ball fast enough to get some of the great deals (I just missed out on a chair for Nora's room yesterday:().  Anyway, my greatest scores for Nora at garage sales include:
Exersaucer
Average retail $60
Got Nora's for $5

Bumbo Seat
Average retail $40
Got Nora's for $3

Infant Seat
Average retail $50
Got Nora's for $3.50

A few clorox wipes and a load of laundry and they are all ready for Nora!

I'm SO grateful we still have a baby swing, pack-n-play, jumperoo, 2 high chair options, crib and nursery furniture/bedding, Boppy pillow, and other miscellaneous baby gear from when Luke was a baby.  I didn't have a clue when I was pregnant with Luke how much all of this cost since so much of it was gifted to us.  We have been beyond blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment