Friday, May 9, 2014

High Five for Friday!

This week's High Five is all about the little things.  They can certainly add up to a lot of good!

#1

Lots of time outside this week taking walks and runs, playing at the park and in the yard, and enjoying more sunshine!

#2

A cheap fix at Virgil's for my tire that kept slowly leaking air.  No one likes a surprise car repair, so I was super happy that the techs at Virgil's were able to find the screw in my tire and fix it up without having to replace the tire:)  Added bonus, Virgil's is a quick walk from work so it's easy to drop the car off on a work day.

#3

A trip to the dentist with Luke and healthy teeth all around!  Plus, Nora was a champ hanging in the exam room with me while I got my teeth cleaned.  The hygienist was very accommodating and Nora was a patient girl:)

#4

A relaxing weekend at home together with the chance to see a few friends too.  I may be horribly behind on house work, but I'm getting well caught up on relaxation:)


Enjoying Nutella for breakfast, just like Mommy

Trying on Daddy's shoes

Cutest butt in Levi's I've ever seen:)

Nora's first time watching Lion King

#5

I had the opportunity to take a field trip with Luke's class today to Mystery Cave and Historic Forestville.  I always love a chance to catch a glimpse into Luke's school life and to get to know more of the kids his age:)  First we went to Mystery Cave for a guided tour and to learn about the formation of the cave.  We even had some bat sightings:)  (They were very small and not flying around.)  We had a picnic lunch then went to Historic Forestville to explore a home, farm, and general store from the 1880s with actors portraying everyday activities.

Luke trying out a hand drill

Cutting wood

Feeding the chickens the corn the kids had just cracked

Mrs Parker and Mrs Squillace's Second Grade Classes

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week Jen! I always loved to go on field trips with the kids (as many as I could) The last photo of Luke's class is really neat...so colorful!

    ReplyDelete