Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Tribute

This is what Mother's Day is all about:
The one who gave me life
and the ones whose lives gave me the title of Mother


My Mom: Who has loved me through my unlovable moments and taught me patience and how to choose my battles.  I am continually blessed by her generous and selfless spirit.  My children are beyond blessed to call her Grandma and to be showered by her attention and love.

My Luke: Who first blessed me with the opportunity of a lifetime, to become a mom.  His caring, sensitive, introverted, sport-loving, game-loving personality blesses us daily.  He is more than we could have ever asked for as a big brother and loves his sister dearly.

My Nora: Our long awaited second child.  She has brought fullness, life, and laughter to our days in so many ways since her arrival.  Her love of music, reading, and stuffed animals is endearing and her smile, giggle, and energy are contagious.




I was blessed with a Mother's Day filled with family and several other lovely mothers.  For lunch, we were treated to a lovely meal by my father-in-law, Kerry, where we gathered and celebrated with Ruth, my mother-in-law, and Cally, my sister-in-law.

Then, we were treated to another meal for dinner at Jeff and Julie's new house (my uncle and aunt) where we gathered and celebrated with my mom, my sister (on her first mother's day as an expectant momma), my grandma, and Julie's mom and sister.

It was a day filled with great company, great food, and several generations.

My hubby and offspring also made Mother's Day very special for me.  Brent made a picture slide show set to music (Baby Blue by Dave Matthews Band) that they shared with me when I woke up and he bought me a watch I'd been wanting for a while:)  The slide show was so sweet that I cried and it was fun to watch with the kids and their excitement over the pictures too.  Luke also bought me a treat box at the Mother's Day Store at school last week and made me several projects at school.  I love his giving and thoughtful heart and how he loves giving gifts:)

After a full Mother's Day yesterday, my heart is overflowing:)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect Mother's day, What a neat idea that Brent did for you, so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete