Saturday, September 20, 2014

Something Old, Something New

I learned about a fun store, called Next Act, Inc, via Facebook sometime in the past year.  They "refurbish and repurpose 'previously loved' home decor and furniture."  The store is in Apple Valley, MN, about an hour from us, so I didn't check it out in person until this summer.  Thankfully though, the owners share lots of pictures of their inventory on Facebook so I fell in love from afar.

The trend of refurbished furniture follows my thought processes exactly: reduce, reuse, recycle.  I love solid, wood furniture with character but I don't have the confidence/experience to refinish furniture myself.  So...I love finding places like Next Act that share the creative abilities of others in refreshing older furniture for me to enjoy:)

Last month, I learned that Next Act also custom paints furniture and I found these beauties:

I talked with the owner to have them painted black with an antiqued finish and we picked up the finished product today!

Exactly what I wanted!
Ok, back to reduce, reuse, recycle...the furniture in our basement started out almost completely as hand-me-downs from family.  After I brought home the end tables today, we said goodbye to the last hand-me-downs (after eight years).  I still remember being with my parents when they bought the end tables below.  I think I was in later elementary school.  They served my parents and our family well.  Tomorrow they will move to my friend's new house to fill in his finished basement:)

Before: Mom and Dad's end tables
After: New end tables plus a Nora

And they have storage!
One drawer for exercise bands
Another drawer for remotes

Next time you're in the market for a new piece of furniture, I highly recommend Next Act!  
If nothing else, check them out on Facebook:)  

Side Note: These solid wood end tables were $65 each custom painted.  A great price when compared to composite wood end tables like these from a big box store.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a deal, and so much better to have quality furniture. I may have to checkout this place :) (The end tables are beautiful)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling if you follow them on Facebook, you'll find something you like;)

      Delete