Thursday, January 29, 2015

How Do You Eat An Elephant?


This year I decided to make "resolutions" (I prefer "goals") on a monthly basis.  I made this decision for a few reasons...

  • I've learned that I do better accomplishing tasks when I have a deadline in the foreseeable future (think: cleaning the house before guests come;))
  • I also gave myself a major guilt trip over a large task I said I'd do for my extended family two years ago that I had hardly started.  
SO...this brings us to...How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.

First things first, I took the large task of scanning old family photos for my extended family and broke it up into bite-sized pieces.  If I stick to my plan, I should be done in July.  

I decided to take a similar approach with tasks around the house that I constantly put off.  I plan to tackle at least one a month.

I even took this approach on a big project at work that had no specific deadline but was going to to take a lot of time.  

I'm happy to say, that for the first month, with two days to spare, I succeeded in meeting all of my goals!  At home and work!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fun to accomplish goals, we just have to figure out how we can meet our goals as we live out our lives. Way to go Jen!

    ReplyDelete