Sunday, January 4, 2015

Slowly but Surely

I have a rather extreme hesitance to hanging things on our walls.  I can have an item, know where I want it, and it can take me a year (or more) to get it actually hung.  I can't pinpoint the source of this "fear", but I'm proud to say that today we hung several things that had been on my list for over a year.

I'm horrible at taking before pictures when we do anything different at home, but if you've been to our house in the past few years, you might notice the difference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I asked Ric Rozsa to paint these four canvases for me over a year ago!  I am so excited to have them up for all to enjoy:)  I love the colors and how the tree portrays the changing seasons.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got the idea for this towel rack about two years ago.  I found the door header (the cream wood) at Gold Rush in August 2013, added the hooks, and it's also holding a canvas print I bought at TJ Maxx years ago (which has never had the privilege of being hung).  
Finally, the towels have a home in our guest bathroom!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next is a debut of our new "home gym" too!  We invested in a treadmill in November so we could drop our gym membership but still stay active year round.  We've made great use of it. In the first month we logged about 120 miles!  This was previously our guest room, but we did a lot of shifting around in November to make space and it's all worked out great.  Today, we added the shelf next to the large picture so we could hold remotes, hand towels, etc while we're on the treadmill.  (There are holding spaces on the machine, but they can get jostled while running/walking since our there is plush carpet under it.)  We also shifted the Michigan scoreboard/clock to a better location with the treadmill.



I have to say, I'm feeling VERY accomplished today, simply because of a few "new" functional and fun things hanging on our walls:)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jen....everything looks awesome!. I especially like the shelf in the bathroom! and the print you have on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very accomplished every day in my estimation. I had a victory day today for Mom after about a year of groundwork and I'll let that stand for my last few decades of accomplishment. You set the bar pretty high for this old lady. but it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete