Monday, March 30, 2015

Homegrown

I'm a life-long country music fan.  I have some all-time favorites like George Strait, Kenny Chesney, and Martina McBride. I've been thinking recently a lot about Zac Brown Band's newest song, Homegrown.  I love the simplicity of the lyrics and the picture that they paint.  I want to live this song as my reality.  Check out the lyrics and song on YouTube if you haven't heard it.  My favorite lyrics are below:

I got some good friends that live down the street
Got a good looking woman with her arms 'round me (clearly this would be a good looking man, Brent, for me:))
Here in a small town where it feels like home
I've got everything I need 
And nothing that I don't

It's the weight that you carry from the things you think you want

Doesn't it sound wonderful: less or no distraction from "the things we think we want", enjoying the company of those we love???

It's country music that makes me think I should live in a small town...reality, however, reminds me of the lack of convenience I'm used to having lived in Rochester my entire life:)  Even if we never move to a small town, I think I can implement some of these concepts:)  I am especially aware of this after cleaning our storage area recently...talk about "the things we think we want"...that then end up in the storage area.

No comments:

Post a Comment