Wednesday, March 15, 2017

We Love Wednesdays

End of Basketball Season
This past weekend brought us to the end of Luke's basketball season.  I've mentioned before, this is our family's favorite sports season.  It was extra fun this year having Brent coaching Luke's team.  It helped us get to know more kids and families in Stewartville, and I may be partial, but I think Brent's a good coach.  The team ended the year on a high note, winning third place in the fifth grade B4 state tournament.  The boys also had a great weekend staying in a hotel together:)
Handing out medals


Crazy big trophy
Proud to call these mine
Add in the basketball trooper
She keeps herself busy through LOTS of games!




Lego Batman Movie
As a result of basketball season being over, we've got more free time outside of work and school!  So, I surprised the kids with an outing to see the Lego Batman movie after school on Tuesday.  I enjoy coordinating schedules and keeping our family life ticking, but down time is also very important to our family of introverts.  It's nice to see some extra free time on the calendar with spring on the horizon.

Small Victories
I volunteer at an after school program in Rochester called Friendship Place.  This past week I had a great experience with a couple of the girls while we worked on a science project.  These two little ladies (I believe they are first graders) are best friends, but they are also a perfect storm some days (think: dramatic, competitive, picking at each other, tears, etc.).  The kids all chose a partner to build a bridge out of paper and tape and the bridges would be tested by how much weight they could hold.  I helped the two little ladies because they were some of the youngest kids doing the project.  They absolutely rose to the occasion!  I was beyond impressed by their teamwork and sharing and I was sure to encourage them for it.  In the end, their bridge won by holding the most weight.  They were ecstatic!  I told them how proud I was of them for working together nicely and how well they did on the project.  One of the girls said "Yeah, and we didn't even fight!":)  It was such a blessing to see the joy and pride in their faces after accomplishing their project.

Bunco
I've been in a bunco league for several years now (at least before I had Nora, but not sure how many years) and last week was bunco week!  I hosted the group and Nora was a great helper getting ready.  She's currently very interested in helping with things at home.  She even begged me to help clean the toilets:)  (Yes, you read that correctly.)  I love working with my little helper:)

Michigan Big 10 Champs
Brent's basketball season was done December 8th, when he ruptured his Achilles.  Luke's basketball season was done on Sunday.  But, the Michigan season is in the heat of the battle!  Our family was very excited to watch Michigan win the Big 10 Tournament and we're excited to see how they do in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament starting this weekend!

A taste of the process of Nora picking her bracket

Chuckling over Nora's picks:)
Anniversary
March 14 marked the one year anniversary since our move to our new home in Stewartville.  It certainly doesn't feel that long, but we're really loving the house, neighborhood, and schools!  I'd say we're settled in well, though we're still working on random projects around the house to make it ours.  Even from last year's post when we moved in, I can see things that we've changed/added.

No comments:

Post a Comment