Wednesday, March 29, 2017

We Love Wednesdays

Anyone else ready for March to be over???  I'm ready for April: springtime, growing/blooming plants, flowers, and trees, and SUNSHINE!  It's been pretty gloomy this March.  

We did have some fun stuff to brighten our days this past week though, even if the sun did not make many appearances:)

Yoga and Laughing
Last weekend, Brent introduced me to comedian Mike Birbiglia on Netflix.  I believe he has three comedy specials available, but I liked the two most recent the best.  Anyway, we watched a few over the weekend, one of which was while I was doing yoga.  I quickly learned that laughing while holding yoga poses was not very easy (imagine body shaking with laughter while balancing on one leg):)  (P.S. There is such a thing as laughter yoga.  Never tried it.)

Toast and Taste
Last summer/fall, Brent joined the Stewartville Area Community Foundation board at the suggestion of a friend and in an attempt to get involved in our new community.  The foundation's mission is to support projects which improve the quality of life and build a stronger community for the greater Stewartville area.  The foundation's focus the past few years has been working with the city's Parks Department to raise funds to build an amphitheater in Bear Cave Park (which is very close to our house!).  The major annual fundraiser has been the Toast and Taste.  It was a fun night meeting others on the board and new-to-us faces in Stewartville as well as running into others we already knew.  I'm already looking forward to next year's event and inviting more people we know now that we can vouch for how fun and successful it was.  

Night out with my guy
Parker's Baptism
Our sweet nephew, Parker, was baptized at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Sunday and I have the privilege of being his godparent.  I love this boy so much and it was a special day dedicating his life.


Parker and his awesome family

Ross' brother, Kevin, and I are Parker's godparents

Gma and Gpa

Great Gma and Gpa Green

Beckmann grandkids
(Parker trying to steal Nora's barrette)

Handsome boy!
9 months old

Brother and sister

Crazy girl at Moyer's after the service

Parker had a cold and took a long nap after church,
so we mostly got pics with Pippy:)

Nora 
I love watching Nora play outside with her neighborhood friends.  The kids are great and find ways to play with kids ages 4-12 without any trouble (most days;)).  This week I saw the crew of kids gathered in the backyard ready to play hide and seek.  I then saw a neighbor girl start counting and my daughter run about 20 feet to "hide" behind a soccer goal.  Not a great hiding place...behind a net:)  She is no good at hide and seek and it cracks me up.  She's either "hiding" in plain sight or telling me where to hide so she can find me.  Goofball!  We also had one beautiful evening to play outside this week so I suggested a project I remembered doing as a kid: painting rocks.  I had no idea it would be such a hit.  I brought out some kids nail polish, the kids found rocks, and all ages of neighbor kids had fun painting together.  Rocks...what more do kids need for entertainment;)

Luke
As Luke is growing older, we're finding ourselves having more "life lesson" conversations as circumstances arise.  This week, Luke told us that he had a group social studies presentation the next day.  He had done his part, but his teammates had not done much for theirs.  He felt like he should pick up the slack, but also felt that it was unfair.  We were able to talk and help him through it and I was very proud of his effort.  Our emphasis was on him putting forth his best with the project regardless of his teammates' effort.  Short time lines and unplanned things like this cause him stress, but he really rose to the occasion getting the work done over the course of the evening.  Proud momma moment:)

A few other fun pics from the week:

Lunch at Victoria's with my mom's friends...the cousins had fun:)



No comments:

Post a Comment