Monday, October 19, 2020

Monday Musings

I think we enjoyed the last of the beautiful fall weather over the past week.  The snow started flying today 😒

Some fun around here recently....

Jace was determined to take the trash out.  I, of course, helped get it in the garage bin outside, but he was one proud boy!


On Tuesday, October 6th, Olmsted County supported National Night Out celebrations in neighborhoods, while following CDC guidelines.  We planned ours for our entire neighborhood this year and had two food trucks so everyone could order food instead of sharing food from each other's kitchens during the pandemic.  We have a large grassy area by a retention pond so everyone could spread out, enjoy dinner, and still visit safely.  Taco JED and Sunny's ICE Cream were so wonderful to supply our dinner and treats!
A week after the event, we found Nora on the front page of the Stewartville Star.  Pretty fun 😊


Brent and I got an evening out to celebrate my 39th birthday with dinner at Pittsburgh Blue Steakhouse.  We had been sitting on a gift card since last Christmas!  It was wonderful to have some time out together and special thanks to Riggins for hanging with the kids.




My mom also made me a pan of apple crisp for my birthday.  I shared a bit, but truly ate most of it myself 😜


I got to enjoy a walk around Florence Park in Stewartville last week during Nora's piano lesson.  I shared this on FB took, but I love the pics enough to share again.








We all got to enjoy a long weekend together Friday through Sunday while the kids were on MEA.  Nora had a list of things she wanted to do:  visit the library, go to the new park at Folwell school, paint a project, watch Hamilton, and color her hair teal again.  We had plenty of time to do all of that an more...like getting flu shots, cleaning the house, FaceTiming with family, and convincing Jace to try on a Halloween costume 😏

Teal hair underneath this time.  I'm excited to try it in a bun!

Fun at the new Folwell park with cousins, Auntie, and Papa and Gma:

Piper wearing a hand-me-down dress from Nora

Lil Boss

Great climber!

Teamwork

Star gymnast


Luke kept busy too 😊


My favorite find at the library was the DVDs of the original Anne of Green Gables show that I watched on TV as a kid!  There are three DVDs and we've made it through one so far!  (Brent asked if we could stream this...and the answer is no, I couldn't find it anywhere.)


Last, but not least, we got the kids school picture back!  I get excited about this every year 😊

Ninth Grade

Second Grade

1 comment: