Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blessed

This week at MOPS, we talked about understanding "Who I Am". As part of the topic, we did a personality profile online to understand our personalities and how they impact our relationships with our children and spouse. I love learning about what makes me tick, why I think the way I do, and why I don't get some people and why they don't get me:)


I am a Proper Melancholic (below). Not surprising to most of you I'm sure:) There were a few things that I think I've grown in that used to be bigger issues for me, but for the most part it's pretty close to how I would label myself.



I realized I am very blessed as we discussed our personality types and how they work in our home. Brent and I certainly have different personality types, but they must be pretty complimentary (either that or we've adjusted well to each other over the past 7 years:)) We also compliment each other pretty well as parents. Luke's young to identify his personality type, but I'd say he's a pretty good blend of Brent's and my personalities. All in all, I think our personalities blend pretty well as a family. We're all introverted and like to have time at home recharging between the other events of life and we're all pretty sensitive to each other's feelings and needs.


We certainly don't have it all figured out. Just in the past week, I can think of examples of each of us bugging one another and misunderstanding one another. But, I think it's important to find the blessings in life:)


On a similar note, the same day as MOPS, Luke and I had our semi-annual dentist appointments. If I remember right, this was Luke's third or fourth visit to the dentist. This week, I could tell he's gotten more comfortable at the dentist office. He was Chatty Cathy with the hygienist and the dentist. It was so cute:) The hygienist even mentioned that he did very good waiting for my teeth to be cleaned/checked and then to have his own teeth cleaned/checked. This got me thinking about some of the "preschool firsts" like going to the dentist, getting a haircut, and going to the doctor. All of which can be scary and intimidating for kids. I was reminded how blessed we've been with Luke in these events. He was a little apprehensive the first time at the dentist and had to sit on my lap while his teeth were cleaned/checked, but he complied and the hygienist was able to do all she needed. Luke still cracks me up when we get his haircut. He's been getting his haircut about every 5-6 weeks since he was two years old, but he still sits like a statue and will not talk during his haircut:) I don't think he's nervous, because he's always excited to go, but he seems to believe he needs to be completely motionless for the entire cut. He also does well at the doctor with the typical checkups and visits for ear infections, strep, etc throughout the year. He likes our doctor and never seems stressed to go for a visit.


Luke at the Dentist:


No comments:

Post a Comment