Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter

Brent and I were just discussing today how we are nearly at the downward slope of winter. We generally think that once January is over, we are at least half way through winter. Now, I don't hate winter by any stretch of the imagination, I'm a Minnesota girl at heart:). But, I do get a little worn down by the cold after a while. My antidote to the cold weather blues this winter is to remember all that I love about winter. Here goes:
  • Cozy sweaters and sweatshirts
  • Adding scarves to outfits
  • Bringing out the winter wardrobe, it's almost like "new" clothes after not wearing it all spring and summer:)
  • Winter hats, scarves, and mittens...not sure why, but I love em!
  • Having our electric fireplace on in the basement, it just makes the room feel more cozy:)
  • Cuddling in blankets on the couch with my boys
  • The beauty of a snowfall
  • A built in workout in the driveway after a snowfall:)
  • Celebrating Christmas and several family birthdays
  • Snow days...these don't happen much as an adult, but we did have one snowed in weekend in December 2010
  • My fleece, full-length robe with a hood
  • The winter landscape
  • Good excuse to make lots of soups
  • Hot baths
  • Burning candles (I'm only motivated to burn candles when it's cold outside, is that weird?)
  • Snowflake decorations around the house

All in all, I just love the variety of weather we get in Minnesota. I love the anticipation of the next season coming and all the great things that come with each season.

I hope this finds you enjoying winter, where ever you are:)

3 comments:

  1. I love winter. So many people try to rush the season, instead of appreciating it for what it is, one of God's many gifts.

    Glad to see you are a kindred spirit-I love winter too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post had me smiling. I love winter so it's not hard for me to get through it. I like the way you think of the things you love about winter that help you get through it. I think we are lucky to live in a area that has changes 4 times a year. p.s. I wish I had a robe like you...sounds cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried to post twice and lost it. Not cooperating today, but I'm determined to tell you how much I appreciate your sweet spirit and what a blessing you are to me, Jen.

    ReplyDelete