Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Like Mother Like Son

So last night we had two examples within just a few minutes that Luke is definitely my child:)

  1. Brent was looking for Luke's fleece so they could run to the store. I told him I had just put it in the washing machine. Luke pipes in with "Is that the shrinking kind?" Brent thought it was hilarious that our five year old would think of something like that when Brent would never think of such a thing:) I told him that Luke likes helping me with laundry. For those who know me well, you know that I actually like doing laundry and don't even consider it a chore:)

  2. Brent was trying to get Luke out the door so they could run to the store (again, just within minutes of the conversation above), but Luke kept running back to the kitchen to grab a handful of peanuts that I was snacking on. (For those who know we well, you know that a salty snack like peanuts will distract me too and keep me coming back for more! Luke has followed suit:)

Brent would argue that the last example also shows Luke's similarity to me in that I always find one more thing to do before I leave the house:) I'll leave that to your interpretation;)


Like mother like son...



No comments:

Post a Comment