Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Welcomed Interruption

Yesterday was a typical Tuesday. Brent and I both worked all day and checked in with each other via email before we left work about our plans for the night. The plan: After a quick dinner, I would drop Luke off at Awana and I would head to the gym for a work out while Brent stayed home to work on some homework.

But, as life goes, our evening was interrupted. Luke and I had just walked into the house when Brent called to say his car wouldn't start in the parking lot after work and he needed a ride home. Immediately I went into "flexible" mode. I didn't know what would transpire with the car which would in turn impact Luke getting to Awana and me getting to the gym.

The early evening breezed by as we picked up jumper cables from friends, got gas in our other car (the gas light turned on on my way home from work...we really didn't need two cars that wouldn't start:)), tried jumping the car that wouldn't start which was unsuccessful, called the tow truck, and headed home. All of this wrapped up a bit too late to drop Luke at Awana, so that plan didn't happen for the night. Once we got home, Luke and I realized we were quite tired so we hit the couch for some movie time before he went to bed. Yeah, that was the end of me. No trip to the gym last night:)

All in all, I welcomed the interrupted night. Sure it was a little inconvenient that our car didn't start for Brent at work. But, I got an hour on the couch last night snuggling with my Lukey that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I also headed to bed at the same time as Luke last night, read for just a bit (all my eyes could handle) and was sleeping by 9pm. If you ask me, that was a great night! I definitely welcomed the Tuesday night interruption:)

In case you're wondering, our car that wouldn't start was towed to our go-to mechanic. They replaced the battery and an air filter that needed replacing. As of tonight, we're up and running with two vehicles again!

1 comment:

  1. Alls well that end well. You're such a good mommy and wife. "flexible mode" is a good attribute to have.... think I'll try that :)

    ReplyDelete