Monday, July 25, 2011

Looking Forward

I was thinking this weekend about how much fun stuff we have to look forward to so I just had to get it all out:)

This Week - The Olmsted County Fair.  I've spent my fair share of time at fairs as a kid, but we haven't gotten into going much with Luke yet.  I'm thinking this year he'll be more interested in the rides and I always like to see the animals:)

This Weekend - My sis, Bridge, and her fiance, Ross, are moving into their new house just a couple blocks from us!  We're all looking forward to having them in the neighborhood:)

Next Week - The Freeborn County Fair.  Now this is a page right out of my history book.  As a kid, I used to spend a few days with my grandparents during the "Albert Lea fair".  I've always liked this fair and they have great entertainment selection, especially if you like country music.  Admission to the fair gets you entrance to the concerts each night.  Cheap entertainment!  There are a few concerts I'd like to see this year, we'll see how the weather looks before making the trip.

August will certainly be fun-filled...
  • Showers and bachelorette party for my sis
  • Getting Luke ready for school
  • Family reunion with my dad's side of the family.  Again, this one will be a trip down memory lane for me.  We'll be heading to Wells, MN for Kernel Days.  We used to hit this festival up every year and watch the parade when I was a kid, so I'm looking forward to bringing Luke and spending the day with family:)
  • Enjoying our new deck which should be done mid-August
And, September brings many long awaited events...
  • Luke starts kindergarten at Gibbs Elementary!
  • Bridge and Ross's wedding - 9/17/11!
  • My final year of MOPS, Mothers of Preschoolers, starting - I know, Luke's not a preschooler any more, but they let moms come even when they have kindergartners;)
October/November are a ways off, but we're in the process of planning a trip for our 30th birthdays to Florida to celebrate with friends (two of whom are also turning 30). 

So much fun to be had, now to be patient while we wait and to enjoy the moments when they arrive!

2 comments:

  1. You know how to get the most from life every day. Admire that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of fun stuff coming up for your family. It's nice that you get to spread it out over a few months :)

    ReplyDelete