Monday, August 8, 2011

Freeborn County Fair

You might remember me mentioning the Freeborn County Fair in my Looking Forward post a couple weeks ago.  Well last week was the fair and Luke & I spent an evening having dinner, playing some games, and watching the Beach Boys with my parents.  It was a beautiful night and Luke enjoyed his first live concert. 

I probably hadn't been at the Freeborn County Fair since I was in high school, so it was fun to see what had changed and what had remained the same.  One thing I remembered very clearly was the ring toss game...and it was still there!  The Cloverleaf Lions ring toss game was exactly as I remembered it as a kid!  Luke tried his hand at the game, 12 rings for $1, quite a deal compared to what we paid at the Olmsted County Fair the week before.  On Luke's first dollar, he got a ring on one of the glass bottles in the middle and won a 2 liter bottle of pop (which is actually a little humorous since Luke isn't a fan of pop:)).  I have to say though, I didn't think through the timing of Luke playing rings, we ended up having to carry his 2 liter bottle of orange pop around the rest of the night:) 

Here's my little man, playing ring toss:  

Can you see the action shot of his pink ring just leaving his hand?

It's just so fun to have Luke experience some of the same things that brought us joy as kids:) 

P.S. He did try the pop the other night and said he actually liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment