Saturday, October 13, 2012

High Five for Friday

  1. Chatting with my daughter.  Brent came home to Nora and I chatting on the bed one day this week.  She was full of sounds, smiles, and very interactive.  It was so very sweet listening to her voice, watching her eyes light up, and, of course, kicking her busy feet:) 
  2. MOPS is usually a highlight of my week and this week was no different.  We had a speaker who has children in high school and college share the 10 things she's glad she did as a mother and 10 things she wishes she had done.  I'm so very grateful for the wonderful women at my table this year and for the speakers we've had already and this week was only our third meeting of the year.  Our leadership team has done an amazing job of planning a year of MOPS focusing on the Proverbs 31 woman. 
  3. Last weekend I attended a Community Ed class to learn about making baby food (love Community Ed!).  The dietitian who lead the class was great, and a mother of two herself, and I learned some great stuff for when Nora is ready for baby food this winter.  I didn't tackle making baby food with Luke due to lack of freezer space and time, but with Nora I'm working less and we have an additional freezer to store the food I make. I'm looking forward to trying it out!
  4. We were blessed by some generous people this week who shared baby girl clothes with us that their daughters had outgrown.  One of Brent's co-workers gave us 4 diaper boxes full of clothes and one of my new friends at MOPS shared some adorable outfits with Nora as well!  Such wonderful stuff from generous families:)  Nora's closet is bursting at the seams!
  5. Our annual orchard visit!  Mine and Luke's favorite part of fall:)  We went to Northwoods Orchard, just five minutes from our house, with Papa and Gma Beckmann.  It was a beautiful fall day with sunshine and nice temps for sweatshirts.  Luke had a blast with the corn maze, we went on the tractor/wagon ride, had some fun photo ops, had some homemade treats (donuts and caramel apples), and picked out our pumpkins for carving in a few weeks.  Always wonderful memories made at the orchard:)  Check out our photo site for more pictures.
We were teasing Luke that
Nora was taller than him:)

Luke with Papa and Gma

Wagon ride!

My adorable pumpkins among the pumkins:)

1 comment:

  1. Love your high five Fridays :) Such a sweet picture of Luke and Nora with the pumpkins :)

    ReplyDelete