Friday, October 19, 2012

High Five for Friday

  1. Turning 31 Ain't So Bad, check out my post from earlier this week.  Sunday was my birthday and we had a perfect day at home as a family.  I slept in, did some fall baking (pumpkin bars and pumpkin mini muffins), listened to some old favorites from high school/college (Destiny's Child and some original Rascal Flatts), and simply enjoyed my family.  It was a perfect way to end my 30th year and kick off my 31st year:)
  2. We had Luke's first quarter conferences for first grade. He's doing great and has a lovely teacher.  Read more at my post from earlier this week. 
  3. It's MEA week, which means Luke's been off school Thursday and Friday for a long weekend.  I love having the extra time with him home.  And, to make it even better, we've had nothing planned for the extra weekdays off! 
  4. I had been telling Luke for a while that I needed to bring our comforter and a rug to the laundromat so I could wash them in the bigger machines.  We finally made it a reality yesterday while Luke had the day off.  He was SO excited to go.  I love sharing the "firsts" of life with my kids.  Truly one of the biggest joys!
  5. I had a great weigh in at Weight Watchers this week.  I'm over 1/3 of the way to my goal and I've only been back at it for six weeks!  The fact that I'm nursing has certainly been helping the cause this time around.  It may be difficult with the holidays coming up, but I'm hoping to be back at my goal weight by January.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment