Sunday, December 8, 2013

Another Weekend Full of Blessings

I've been looking forward to this weekend for at least a month.  It felt like the kick off to the Christmas season in a lot of ways.

Friday night, my sister and I treated the Beckmann Core Four (mom, dad, Bridget, and I) to the Martina McBride Joy of Christmas concert at State Theater.  It was a beautiful concert in a lovely setting.  We also had the chance to meet my cousin Steph and Richie for dinner before the concert.  It was a great night shared together!
The beautiful State Theater

The talented Martina McBride



Saturday, my mom and I spent the afternoon making Christmas cookies with a Community Ed class.  I think there were 20 women in the Mayo High School cafeteria kitchen making 10 different kinds of cookies.  Each person took home a dozen cookies of each type of cookie after our afternoon of working together.  It was such an easy, relaxing way to get a variety of cookies without all of the planning, shopping, prepping, baking, and clean up.  I loved it and now I'm all set for a cookie exchange on Wednesday:)

Saturday night, the kids spent the night with my parents while Brent and I headed to Rosemount to celebrate Greg & Cally's 35th birthdays.  It was a great night of relaxing, chatting, laughing, and playing games with four other couples.  In this phase of life with young kids, we had forgotten how fun adult only birthday parties can be:)

Sunday was a sleep-in-and-catch-up-in-the-warmth-of-the-house kind of day while it snowed lightly outside.

I had a great time kicking off the holiday season with the concert and baking and time with ones I love is the cherry on top:)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun Jen, I'm kinda jealous of the cookie making through community ed, I will definatley be looking for that one next year, what a great way to get some baking done without the mess in your house, and a lot of different cookies.

    ReplyDelete