Friday, March 14, 2014

High Five for Friday

#1

Daylight Savings Time
Loving the extra light in the evenings!

#2

Spring!
I got outside for two runs this week!  I've also been very impressed with the amount of melting we're seeing already thanks to several sunny days, warmer temps, and a morning of rain.

#3

Sports Abyss
Brent finished city league basketball last week and Luke had his last Champion Basketball game on Saturday.  We are currently in a sports abyss, at least until soccer starts for Luke in April.  Of course the abyss does not apply to watching sports since it is March Madness for NCAA Men's Basketball:)  What does the sports abyss mean for us?  We have our evenings together to do what we wish rather than getting to practices and games:)

Luke and Cousin Ethan after their
last game together on the Bombers

 

#4

Helping at Gibbs
I haven't had the opportunity to volunteer at Gibbs (Luke's school) as much as I'd like this year, but I was able to help out at Spring Picture Day on Wednesday this week.  It's always fun to see the little faces in their school environment:)  I got to help "clean and primp" the kids before their pics (as in make sure their collar was straight, their hair not sticking up, etc):)  A funny job, I know, but I got to see several familiar faces and chat a little with most of the kids.  Always a day brightener:)

#5

Perspective & Priorities
I've felt myself stuck in a funk for a couple weeks, for various reasons, but this week after talking with Brent, others, and some self examination, I'm feeling a new sense of perspective and renewed priorities.  Special thanks to my husband for being level headed when I'm emotional:)  Here's to a fresh start!


2 comments:

  1. Love you all. Hope spring lifts us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your High Five Fridays Jen, you always have so much to share. It's so neat that Luke and Ethan got to play together in BB, fun times for cousins! I always volunteer'd for picture day, mostly because I wanted to make sure my kids looked good, it's a lot of money to pay for a picture with messy hair and shirts tuck half way in. Spring will officially be here in a few days hope just knowing it's spring lifts your spirits :)

    ReplyDelete