Friday, March 28, 2014

High Five for Friday

#1

My grandparents were in town for doctor appointments at Mayo this week, so we got to see them for a dinner out Monday night.  I am forever grateful that I grew up in close proximity (within 1.5 hours) of both sets of grandparents and that I got to see them every few months (if not more) throughout my life.

#2

I haven't blogged about this yet because I'm respecting the privacy of two very special people in my life, but I think the cat is out of the bag in the online world:  I'm going to be auntie to a new baby niece this summer!!!  My sister and Ross are expecting their first baby and they had their anatomy ultrasound this week to find out they're having a girl!  I am so excited for Bridge and Ross to embark on the journey of parenthood and to meet our new niece:)

#3

Wednesdays

I'm sure I've mentioned before that Wednesdays are my day off each week.  I love them for so many reasons and am SO grateful for the opportunity to work part time.  This week Nora and I spent the morning hanging with a friend and her kiddos, delivered Meals on Wheels at lunch, went swimming after school with Luke, and had a yummy, new-to-us crock pot meal for dinner with Daddy.  Even with all of this fun in one day, we had some time to relax together too.  I love Wednesdays!

Crock pot meal in case you're interested....super easy and tasty! (From this blog)

#4

My Man

Brent surprised us by coming home early today, actually beating the kids and I home, and had cleaned up the kitchen and gotten all ready for hosting our friends for dinner tonight.  Isn't he wonderful!  Love him:)

#5

Friends and Grillin'

It may have only been in the upper 30s today, but Brent was happy to grill burgers and chicken for dinner tonight.  And, dinner is always better when it's shared with great friends:)  I would be remiss if I did not mention Brent's singular High Five for the week: Michigan beating Tennessee tonight to advance to the Elite Eight in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.


Happy final days of March friends...I'm anxiously awaiting April and more spring weather!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, what a fun blog post. It's so great that your sis is having a baby, you wont believe how much closer you will be when now you both have children! The recipe looks yummy, have you tried a lot of meals from this website? I may have to try a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, we tried the ham crockpot recipe this week and really liked it. We also tired the pork chops and potatoes, but it wasn't very exciting:) I plan to try more too:)

      Delete