Friday, November 20, 2015

High Five for Friday!

#1: Work Family

I am so very blessed to have a wonderful work family.  This week we said goodbye to one of our family members as she transferred to a new role at Mayo.  We celebrated with a potluck and many laughs. I'm telling you, nurses have the greatest stories:)  We also celebrated one nurse completing her BSN and another receiving her official certification as a CNRN.

Office-Mates = Work Family

#2: Back to the Gym

With the weather getting colder and the days getting shorter, I knew I needed to make a change in plans to keep exercising for the winter.  This week was my first week back at the gym and it couldn't have worked better!  On the days that Luke gets a ride home from school via carpool, I'm able to head straight to the gym after work.  This week I was able to make three trips.  I'm not a huge fan of being a gym member, but I do appreciate the options it avails.  This week I ran on the track, did a water work out ("Fluid Motion" class that uses the water as extra resistance in a cardio workout), and walked on the treadmill.  I'm so very grateful I was able to work this into my schedule and that I can be a member at DAHLC since I'm a Mayo employee.

#3: Report Card Time

Luke got his first quarter report card which included several nice comments from his teacher.  Luke's very adaptable in terms of teachers and he's seen several different personalities in his 5 years of school, but I feel like this year he's connected with his teacher the best so far.  They just seem to get each other:)

#4: Hearts at Home

Last weekend was the annual Hearts at Home Conference in Rochester.  This huge conference just happens to hold one of its three annual conferences in Rochester and this year I was very excited to see two of the main speakers: Dr. Gary Chapman and Lysa Terkeurst.  They did not disappoint and neither did the workshop speakers I heard.  It was a great weekend of time with friends, learning, and rejuvenating as a mom and wife.

#5: A Day with the Girls

Today, I got to spend the morning with Nora and our niece, Piper.  After dropping Luke at school, we walked around the Christmas decoration at Menards then made a trip to the mall play area.  The girls had a blast playing:)

Starting the morning off with
smiles at Papa and Gma's
Peaking through the tunnel
Let the season of "hat hair" begin!
Queen of the castle!
Playing together
Sweethearts:)

Quick House Update:

Last weekend all of us were able to walk through the house as a family.  Nora and Luke each got to see their rooms, which was sweet:)  This week, despite cold, rain, and wind, all of the roof trusses were set.  Not sure what progress will be made next week with the holiday, but it's fun to see it all come together!

Nora in her room
Luke in his room
Roof trusses!

No comments:

Post a Comment