Sunday, December 6, 2015

High Five for Friday

#1: Nora the Night Owl

Since day one, Nora has needed less sleep than Luke.  She's also proven as a toddler to be quite a night owl.  We used to put her to bed earlier than Luke, but decided about a year ago that she may as well go to bed at the same time since she was never asleep by the time we put Luke to bed.  So, she and Luke go to bed around 9pm.  Luke is usually sleeping by 9:30pm, but Nora sits in bed reading books, singing songs, and chattering until 10:30/11pm regularly.  Recently we started thinking we needed to shorten her naps to help her fall asleep earlier.  But then we got another idea:  limit the number of books she can have in bed so she's not as distracted by the large pile of books next to/in her bed.  The other night, I told her she could only bring three books to bed.  Her response: "Really?  Thanks Mommy!"  She didn't even realize it was a restriction:)

#2:  Kobe Game

Brent and I do not give each other gifts regularly (like holidays or birthdays).  We figure being married to each other is gift enough;)  Not exactly...but we do surprise each other every once in a while with something special.  This week I got one of those special ideas for Brent!  Kobe Bryant, a professional basketball player for the LA Lakers, announced that he will be retiring after this season.  Brent has been a fan of Kobe from the beginning: 1996 when he was drafted by from High School into the NBA. He has seen him play once in person...until this coming week:)  I got Brent and Luke tickets to the Timberwolves/Lakers game on December 9 at the Target Center.  I am SO excited for them to go!

#3:  Starting a Bible Reading Accountability Group

I am so grateful for my friend, Laura, for many reasons.  This past week, she asked myself and a few other friends if we wanted to start a Bible reading accountability group.  We follow a reading plan for the month and check in daily online with our thoughts about the passage.  It's such a great way to keep me on track with reading and studying the Word.  I'm loving the routine and accountability already!

#4:  Luke's Haircut

Our boy has been growing his hair since fall 2014.  He had a couple trims throughout the year, but he always wanted to keep the length.  Thanksgiving weekend Brent and Luke talked about cutting the sides and back shorter and Luke agreed!  We all love the cut, including Luke:)

Check out the difference a year made:

Third Grade - Fall 2014

Fourth Grade - Fall 2015

Before and after his haircut last weekend:


 #5:  Date Night

We don't do it often, but oh how sweet it is when we do:)  Dinner at Five West to share my favorite nachos and a free night stay at a local hotel.  What a nice retreat.  Sometimes in the midst of life, I forget how much I enjoy talking to my husband:)

1 comment:

  1. Love reading the updates about your family. Great idea about the Bible accountability reading group. I have an app on my phone so I try and read every night before bed. I like Lukes hair cut alot... such a handsome little man!

    ReplyDelete