Friday, February 12, 2016

High Five for Friday!

T'was a good week...which makes it hard to limit to only five highlights!

#1
Facebook Fast


As part of my non-food fasts for Lent, I've decided to fast from Facebook (with two exceptions :a Bible study group I'm in and following our friend's adoption journey while they're in Uganda).  I started on Tuesday night and really felt the difference Thursday morning for the first time.  I truly save a lot of time not scrolling through updates each morning (it's part of my breakfast routine each day).  I was running so ahead of schedule that I was thinking of other things I could accomplish before heading to work for the day.  This never happens.  I'm not a morning person so I sleep as long as I can and then I'm on a tight docket until the kids and I leave for work/school/daycare.  As I should have suspected, I am finding more time on my hands without Facebook.

#2
Date Night


Brent and I got a date night...on a Monday night.  Again, this never happens.  I had been craving Mexican for a month and we finally got a chance to go!  After dinner, we headed out for massages I had scheduled.  It was a lovely night and nice to relax together on a weeknight.

#3
Michigan Game


This high five is Luke's alone.  Luke, Mekhi, Ethan, and Papa Kerry were all given tickets to the Michigan vs Minnesota basketball game for Christmas from Greg and Cally and the date finally arrived!  Papa drove the Rochester boys to the cities and met up with Mekhi and Greg.  The boy cousins love being together, so a gift for them to have time together is such a blessing:)

#4
Family Date Night


Last weekend ended up being a quiet weekend around home, which was lovely and unplanned.  We took the kids to Kung Fu Panda 3.  It was a nice night together and the movie was very cute.

#5
Luke's Birthday


We couldn't hold out until Luke's birthday next week.  We decided to give him his gift tonight, so Papa and Gma joined in too:)  We can hardly believe our sweet boy will be 10 next week, but it's just so fun to celebrate how very special he is to us.

A few random pics from the week...

Luke standing in the newly tiled shower!

Nora made a bed on the floor and started reading books to her stuffed animals

Awww, I love capturing snuggles

Nora created a game today: sort a deck of cards by suit then
line them up in numeric order.  She was so proud and loved
 teaching me the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment