Monday, February 8, 2016

House Dreaming

We're getting to the final stretch of building our new home in Stewartville!  (More on moving here and here.)  That exclamation point is used with excited apprehension as we don't have a move in date set, but things are moving quickly and we're anxious to move in.  All signs are pointing to a move in date of mid-March, but many contractors and supply orders need to align to make that a reality.

While we wait (I'm trying so hard to be patient), I have been thinking of some of the things that I am most excited for in the new house.

  • A mud room!  This was one thing that we really couldn't change or add to our old house.  I am looking forward to having a separate entrance from the garage into the house that our family can use daily and use to store every day items (backpacks, sports bags, snow gear, etc). 
  • A recycling bin in the kitchen!  Simple right?  Well, I'm excited:)  I am pretty serious about recycling and am looking forward to it being even easier for our family (read: Brent, you have no excuse not to recycle your cereal boxes now;))
  • A soaker tub!  I really love taking baths in the winter and it will be so nice to have a deep, soaker tub in our master bath.
  • A fireplace!  I cannot wait to have a gas fireplace in the basement living space.  It will be so cozy for Minnesota winters!
  • Storage!  We had minimal storage in our old kitchen and I am very excited for the extra kitchen storage in the new house.  We'll also have cabinets in the laundry room, cabinets around the fireplace, a third garage stall, and a storage/utility room in the basement.  Sometimes I even imagine where I'll store things in the new house.  Yep, I'm that excited by organization.  I recently read a book on organizing...just to solidify my nerdiness for you:)
There isn't much left for us to choose or work on for the house, so now we wait and hope to be in sooner than later!:)

Exterior as of February 6

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you Jen. Your house seems so lovely, cant wait to see more pics of the finished rooms. I'm jealous of your soaker tub...sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete