Saturday, November 14, 2020

Brent Joins His Older Wife

Yesterday, I celebrated 39 years of life for the man I love.  He's not a fan of birthdays, but I planned a day for us to get out of the house together.  It was so delightful to be together and on our own agenda while the kids we at school and/or hanging with Brent's parents.  

I began brainstorming a way Brent and I could have a day together back in October after I had a fabulous massage at Mall of America and I knew he would love it too.  Unfortunately, because of the pandemic, my original plans for the day did not work out.  We were going to do indoor golfing and lunch with friends, but their daughter ended up being sick.  We were going to have dinner with Brent's brother and wife, but then a schedule conflict popped up for them.  Plus, COVID-19 cases in Minnesota are at an all time high 😕

I punted and planned a day for us to visit Minnehaha Falls in Minneapolis.  We started the day visiting our friend's bakery and coffee shop in St Charles: Roasted Bliss.  It was our first time and we loved every bite and brought even more treats home to share with the kids.  It's truly amazing and I recommend it to all! We then made our way to Minnehaha Falls to explore a bit.  Brent nor I had ever been before so it was nice to check out and thankfully we had sunshine to keep us warm on a 34 degree day.  (For those that know Brent well, you know he hates the cold.  But, he humored me in a walk around the park 😊) We had lunch at Highland Grill, at the suggestion of my lovely cousin.  We finished our day at IKEA and MOA doing some Christmas shopping together.  This is a treat because we typically do a lot of it individually though we both have input into the gift selection.  One of the best part of the day was getting our massages before we left MOA at New Dragon Acupressure.  My friend introduced me to this place in October and it's incredible!  

We're so grateful for the chance to be together, to celebrate 39 years of life for Brent, and to Papa and Gma for helping out with the kids.  

Some pics from Minnehaha Falls:




No comments:

Post a Comment