Monday, November 9, 2020

Monday Musings

We had another week of warm weather!!!  I think I mentioned a few weeks back that I thought warm fall weather was over, but it wasn't....we had a week in the 70s!  

We had a great weekend together relaxing and playing, including two trips to Florence Park to play in the leaves.  

Friday Fun at Florence






Sunday at Florence with Family
Four little cousins, hiding in the leaves







Luke and Nora successfully finished their first quarters of ninth and second grades respectively and got to have a long weekend for a break.  Luke also finished drivers education!  So, come February he'll be able to take his permit test and start driving with Brent and I.  Is this really happening???

Nora has also been making great progress with piano and she started playing Christmas music this week!  I haven't started listening to Christmas music yet, but I really enjoy listening to her play it.  

Jace has been full of new sentences recently. He now wakes every morning and from every nap by yelling from his room: "Mom, I ready to get out!"  Other common phrases we hear:
  • What time it is?
  • Three more minutes (while holding up three fingers)
  • What this for?
  • Play with me?
Another favorite has been his increased attention for snuggling together to read books.  We can bring a stack of several books to the chair in the living room and read together until we've finished the pile.  This makes my momma and reader's heart happy 💓  I love the time together!  Jace is also starting to "read" books himself by turning the pages and telling the parts he remembers from his favorite books.  I remember Nora doing this a lot too 😊

Brent would also say that Jace is very attached to me right now.  He is often my little shadow around the house. He snuck up on me tonight while I was vacuuming and I hit in the head.  I should know he's always nearby 😕

A few other fun highlights from the week:

Me trying to watch AFV with the family...
Jace has piled his favorite trucks on me...

Nora's interpretation of me stretching

Fun dot-to-dot work by Nora

These are Jace's animals...
They show up in an unlikely herd in various places around the house 😏

Animal herd on the piano

Jace's art work from daycare

Laundry fun with Jace 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment