Friday, November 2, 2012

A Soup A Week, Just What The Colder Weather Ordered

I shared my resolution to make a pot of soup a week for the rest of 2012 on Facebook and had a couple requests for recipes, so here goes!

Ham & Wild Rice Soup from Live Better America but I can't find it on the site anymore - One of our favs that I've made a couple times for events/friends already in October

2 c diced, cooked ham
3/4 c uncooked wild rice
1 med onion chopped
1 lb thawed/drained mixed vegetables
14 oz chicken broth
1 can cream celery soup
1/4 t pepper
3 c water
1/2 c fat free half and half

Mix all ingredients, except half and half, a crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours.  Stir in half and half and increase heat to high.  Cover and cook 10-15 minutes.

Taco Soup - I've made this one with and without meat and it can be made in the crock pot or on the stove.

1 can black beans, undrained
1 can corn, undrained
28 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned
1 pkg ranch dressing dry mix
1 pkg taco seasoning
1-2 c water

Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on high for a few hours.  (Can also cook on stove for one hour.)  Serve with sour cream and cheese on top and cheese quesadillas or chips to dip.

Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup from Taste of Home Healthy Cooking

Curried Chicken Corn Chowder from Taste of Home Healthy Cooking

Chicken Tortilla Soup from Live Better America
  • I don't make the tortilla strips, seriously, you can buy them or just use chips:)
  • I also like to add corn to the soup

Zuppa Toscana (just like Olive Garden's) - I got this recipe from a friend at Bunco last year:)

White Chicken Chili from Live Better America (I don't add the zucchini)

Makeover Baked Potato Soup from Taste of Home Healthy Cooking

Do you have favorite soups?  I'd love to hear about it!  Brent and I love soups in the winter and they are great for left overs too!










No comments:

Post a Comment