Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Tribute

We were blessed to spend Father's Day with both of our dads:)

We shared lunch with Brent's parents and his brother, Troy, and kids.  Brent got some snuggles with the kids and we even got a pic with Kerry, Brent's dad (that's not a very common occurrence:)).  

She's not missing out on this action!
Love
They were sitting sweetly together,
then I took the camera out...
Photo creds to Luke
Need an angle with the entire outfit;)
Daddy & Daughter
This is really how it goes when
I attempt staged pics
Papa, Daddy, and Kiddos
 For dinner, we had my family over to grill.  The afternoon/evening turned out beautiful so we played outside, walked to the park, and ate lots of good food!  I tried this recipe which went over very well:)  Unfortunately I was too busy enjoying the company and weather and forgot to get any pics.

Luke had a lot of fun making gifts for Brent this year.  He went to a Father's Day Craft Community Ed Class on Friday and made everything below except for the brown bag with the tie, which he made a Sunday School today.



Brent also got a book about Dads, a couple polo shirts, and a year of dates from Momma:)

I think you get the idea that we had a very enjoyable Father's Day, but I also don't want to miss this opportunity to recognize Brent and my dad.

Brent: You are the perfect complement to me as a parent.  You are patient, consistent, level-headed, and fun-loving.  Our children are blessed by your influential presence, your example, and your willingness and ability to give them your undivided attention.  I look forward to seeing your relationship with Luke and Nora grow as they do.

My Dad: Not everyone can say, as an adult, that they see their dad nearly everyday, or that he willingly drives them to work when the weather is iffy, or that he would retire a few months early so he could start "Papa Daycare" for his infant granddaughter and first grade grandson.  But this describes my dad:  giving, hard working, loving, and dedicated to his family.

Today I am grateful for these:)

1 comment:

  1. A lovely tribute, Jen. You bring out the best in people.

    ReplyDelete