Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I Caught the Organizing Bug

I have been looking for a piece of furniture to store toys for several months and I finally found one!  And, as I'm sure you'd expect, I'm excited that I got it on sale too (at Antiquity):)   

I'm horrible at taking before and after pics because I get too excited to get started on organizing to stop and take a before pic.  But, if you've been to my house, you probably remember the toy space downstairs.

The shelf formerly used as toy storage =
Too small and too open
Some post-organizing pics:

Everything but push toys fit!
(Drawer pulled out on bottom)
All closed up so toys can
"disappear" after play time:)
A TV Armoire originally from Pier 1

The balls in the corner will soon be finding a
new home on the patio too

Nora approves too:)


As usual, when organizing, it begins a "shuffle effect":  moving items from one room to another to find a good spot for them to live.  The white, cube shelf moved to the guest room to store books that were formerly in boxes, the toy kitchen moved upstairs to Nora's closet, and a big pile started for donation.

Book storage in guest room

Nora's kitchen moved to her closet
She still has plenty of space to play
and it's not an eye sore
(truly she's lucky this didn't end up in the
donation pile...I was on a roll purging:))
Donation pile
 The shuffle is done (for now) and now I just need to deliver my donations!  
Oh how I love organizing and finding the right organization "tools" (aka shelves, bins, etc) for the space.  

3 comments:

  1. I keep hoping I'll catch your "virus." If I die first, I will you the joy of purging me,:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great use of space and the kitchen in the closet is great. Next week you can come to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, I'm always willing to help organize and purge...it's fun for me:)

    ReplyDelete