Friday, June 27, 2014

Taking Stock

I love following The Small Things Blog, and today Kate had a fun post I decided to replicate for a random update.  (I highly recommend Kate's blog for fun hair tutorials, beauty product reviews, and just fun life posts:)  Kate was featured in BuzzFeed recently and I totally wish she were one of my BFFs:))

Making:  More of an effort with healthy choices and seeing progress and results!

Cooking:  Not much lately...haven't been in the mood.  But, I did make Nutella Swirled Banana Bread this week that the kids loved:)

Drinking: Diet Coke, always Diet Coke

Reading:  Nothing, I've recently been addicted to Scrubs reruns during my relaxation times

Wanting:  Simplicity.  I get sick of stuff taking time and space in our lives.

Looking:  Forward to lots of fun plans this summer

Playing:  The shuffle game at home.  "If I move this to that room, then I'll move that from this room", etc, etc.

Wasting:  Time...I like Facebook a little too much

Sewing:  Nothing..I have NO skills in this area.

Wishing:  For more time home with my kiddos this summer

Enjoying:  Our chatty girl, Nora.  Just last night she was talking the ear off our friend's dad whom she just met.  So sweet:)

Waiting:  For the concrete to be poured and our shed to be built this summer.  The storage will be SO nice for outdoor gear!

Liking:  Unscheduled evenings this summer so there is more time for walks, runs, and time outside

Wondering:  When I can wear my hair straight again without it "waving" on me throughout the day

Loving:  The opportunity to bridge the gap of distance.  We've seen our friends from Baltimore three times already in 2014 and Skype has made it possible to still have "ladies' nights" with my friend in Arizona:)

Hoping:  For approval to have a day off next week so Brent, Nora, and I can head to family camp for a few days!

Needing:  Some time with my man...it's been a while since we've had a date

Smelling:  Rosemary from my flavored Triscuits

Wearing:  Curly hair...I'm sick of fighting the humidity.

Noticing:  Luke is becoming a young man before my eyes

Knowing:  This season of life with our kids young is passing quickly, even if some days or stages might seem long

Thinking:  It's hard to believe it's already been two years since I was pregnant with Nora.

Feeling:  Antsy, knowing it's Friday and the weekend is in sight!

Opening:  My mind to other perspectives


Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this Jen, I may do something similar....sometimes I get stuck and cant think of anything to post about, this one is fun and I'm sure I'll do it soon! I like the answers to yours, ps, your curly hair is cute :)

    ReplyDelete