Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Checking In

Last week Brent and I were looking back on our first blog of Luke's first four years.  It was so precious to remember his very early days and to remind me of some of the realities of having a new baby in the house.  Reading our old blog also made me realize that I do most of my successful documenting of life on our blog, which leads me back to post today:)  Unfortunately I did not start blogging while I was pregnant with Luke, but I have the opportunity to do so with this pregnancy!

This past week I've been feeling baby move much more.  I had been feeling it sporadically since around the  new year, but it felt like an "accidental" bumps rather than a "hey, I'm kind of snug in here and it's hard to stretch out" bumps.  This week I've been noticing it more often, still not a lot of bumps in a row, but they are feeling more prominent.  The other night when I was reading, I had my hand on my stomach and got to feel a kick from the inside and outside for the first time!  We keep telling Luke that it won't be long before he can feel baby moving too:) 

Speaking of Luke, he is taking a very active role in this pregnancy.  He likes to give me hugs while we're both standing and tells me he is giving me and baby a hug (his head hits about the height of my baby belly).  He's also regularly noticing my belly and saying things about it getting bigger or making comments about "when my baby belly gets bigger, then (insert something that will be more difficult or different to do)".  He asks each week how old the baby is (how many weeks) and likes for us to read the updates from the Mayo Pregnancy book.  Last night, Brent and Luke were both so kind as to let me go to bed at 7:30pm when I simply couldn't go on.  We are blessed with a boy who gets his caring, considerate, loving personality from his daddy:)  We have been thoroughly enjoying this pregnancy as a family:) 

I'll blog again soon with some updates on Luke not related to pregnancy, but for now I have to go pick him up from school! 

No comments:

Post a Comment