Monday, September 3, 2012

Four Years Later

I was thinking this weekend that it has been four years since we made the leap to expand our family.  It was August/September 2008.  I was beginning my last year of classes at Winona State to finish my bachelors degree so we thought that even if we got pregnant right away that I wouldn't be due until around graduation time.  Luke was two and a half years old.  We liked the idea of having our kids a little over three years apart and Luke liked the idea of a sibling too. 

Fast forward four years. It's September 2012.  Luke is six and a half years old and Nora is seven weeks old.  Our best laid plans did not play out.  The last four years were filled with ups and downs, anticipation and loss, but we are beyond grateful for the two we call ours.

Nora Abigail

Luke Gabriel
 

1 comment: