Friday, September 28, 2012

High Five for Friday

A blog I follow, The Small Things Blog, has inspired me to start a tradition on my blog:  High Five for Friday!  The idea is to share the top five things from the week.  I think it's a great way to find the positives after a typically busy week.  So, here's my first attempt!

  1. Luke has his first loose tooth!  He was so excited that he had to call me at work Monday morning to tell me:)  It was so sweet to hear his little voice on the phone telling me about a big boy moment.  *Sigh*...they grow up so fast...
  2. Nora has been taking some much better naps this week.  We've had several two hour naps, which has been extending her time between feedings up to 4 hours at times.  (She was previously eating every 3 hours.)  Read:  Mommy is getting more done around here:)
  3. I have been reminded yet again that I am married to an amazing man.  Monday, Brent stayed home for the morning so I could go to work.  Tuesday, we had a stressful day/evening with Nora and he was helpful as always.  Wednesday, he listened to me have a vent session about my stresses with life (read: breakdown after the rough day before).  Thursday, he hung with the kids so I could have an evening out.  Friday, he went to work after a very tiring week (sounds simple, but it's important).  He takes such great care of us and is an amazing father and husband.
  4. I had a surprisingly good Weight Watchers weigh in after what I thought to be a not so good week.  Always a wonderful surprise!
  5. We had our second MOPS meeting of the year this week and our Mentor Mom spoke about praying for our children.  It was especially meaningful because her adult daughters both came to share what it meant/means to them to have a mother who is dedicated to praying for them.  It was very touching and inspiring.  After our Mentor Mom shared, we had a very open, honest discussion at our table about the power of prayer, our apprehensions and questions about prayer, and how to cope through some very big struggles in life and how prayer fits into those times as well.  I am so grateful for the table of women I am blessed to spend the MOPS year with and that we are already comfortable to share the not so easy topics/conversations after only two meetings. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. It would be a good thing to have my writing classes do, too. I'm sorry you had such a rough week. I wish I could have heard Cozy and girls. I can certainly vouch for the fact that praying for my kids was the one thing I knew was right to do as a parent and I wasn't sure of much at the time. Can't wait to see you Sat. Sorry I've been so absent. I think things are settling down a little. Lukey, keep that wiggly tooth till I get there. I want to see that! Love to you all. Gma R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea! It's fun to read about your week. I'm not glad you had a stressful day, but I'm glad you had to Brent to vent about it to :) And bonus on the good weight in, that's always so nice. I'm trying to get inspired by your ambition in that area! And yippee for longer naps!

    ReplyDelete