Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Gold Rush Finds Make Their Deput

August 2012 marked my second year of attending Gold Rush Days in Oronoco, MN.  Having lived in Rochester all of my life, I knew of Gold Rush but always assumed it was just a bunch of old junk that wouldn't appeal to me and the styles I prefer for our home.  I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong!  I checked it out last year with my parents, who have become very interested in antiques over the past ten years.  I was skeptical, but it was a beautiful day so I thought it would at least be nice to spend the morning outside:)  I was quickly surprised that several pieces of furniture caught my eye.  I did some browsing, but didn't make any purchases.
 
Fast forward one year to August 2012, when I spent TWO days browsing Gold Rush because I loved it so much!  Once again, the weather was perfect and several things caught my eye.  By day two, I was ready to commit to a few purchases.
 
The black side table, a birthday gift from my
parents from Gold Rush,
fits nicely with our gallery wall
Close up of the refinished piece

I was also motivated to update some
pictures on our gallery wall 
 
This my new favorite: Dancing pics from
Bridget & Ross' wedding last fall

I also got the large monogram "P" at Gold Rush

It is made of wood with a tin covering.
I loved the colors!
 I still have a set of three tin wall hangings that I plan to hang.  I'll try to remember to post pictures once I made the daunting decision of where to hang them:)
 
Mark your calendars for Gold Rush next summer.  I'll see ya there!

No comments:

Post a Comment