Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Coming to a Thanksgiving Table Near You

I'm not sure what motivated me to pick up a cookbook I've never used before, but I'm sure glad I did!  I was given Crock-Pot 5 Ingredients or Less Cookbook either last Christmas or the Christmas before and I had yet to try a recipe from it.  Honestly, I get more recipes online these days.  I gave the Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe below a trial run today for a potential Thanksgiving potato solution.  I'm sold! 

Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes

2 lbs baking potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp butter, cut into 1/8 inch pieces
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup milk

Place all ingredients except milk into crock pot; toss to combine.  Cover; cook on low 7 hours or on high for 4 hours.  Add milk to potatoes.  Mash potatoes with potato masher or electric mixer until smooth.  (I left them in the crock pot on warm after mashing.)

Makes 5 servings


I was very surprised how only 1/2 tsp garlic powder was enough to fill my house with a heavenly garlic scent and only 2 Tbsp butter were enough flavor that we could eat them without any additional butter to taste (and I like buttery potatoes).

I'm excited to try out some more recipes from this book now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment