Friday, November 9, 2012

High Five for Friday

  1. Last Saturday Brent and Luke went to the Michigan vs. Minnesota football game at the TCF Bank Stadium with all of the Picker guys.  First Michigan football game for Luke, first time to the TCF Bank Stadium for Brent and Luke, and I'm guessing the first of may Michigan football games for Brent and Luke together.  This is not one of my high fives exactly, but I know it was a fun experience for my guys:)
  2. An extra hour of sleep after "falling back" with the end of day light saving time.  I was extra grateful this year that Nora still had a good night sleep, so we actually got to enjoy the extra hour:)
  3. A low key week with my family.  We are enjoying our last full week "off" before basketball starts for Brent two nights a week.  I love quiet evenings home with my family:)
  4. Thanks to Ruth & Kerry (Brent's parents), Brent and I were able to grab dinner out last night.  It had been a while since we'd had the chance with our busy schedule, so it was nice to be out of the house without the kiddos.
  5. The Hearts at Home North Central Conference is this weekend in Rochester.  First of all, I'm grateful it's in Rochester, because I probably wouldn't go if it required travel.  Second, I'm excited for the speakers and workshops on being a mom, wife, etc.  Tonight was a couple hours of fun at the Moms' Night Out.  If you get a chance, check out the improv group we saw: 321 Improv.  They were very entertaining and my cheeks are still tired from all the laughing:)  Third, I'm grateful for my husband who is willing to hold down the fort while I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment