Saturday, November 17, 2012

High Five for Friday

  1. I was reminded twice this week how blessed we are to have my dad watching the kids in our home on the days I work.  Monday evening, I got home from work a little after 5pm and Nora had just laid down for a nap a little before 5.  This meant she got to have an uninterrupted nap and Brent, Luke, & I got to have dinner without juggling baby:)  If she had been at daycare, she probably would have woke up while being packed up to head home.  Wednesday morning, Luke was still sleeping when I left for work.  I was able to let him sleep in a bit since Papa was at our place and could get him ready for school after I left.  So wonderful!
  2. I was able to volunteer in Luke's class for the first "official" time this year.  I have helped some with the first grade classes as a group, but not yet in his class specifically.  I love being able to put faces to the kids Luke talks about and to see there first grade lives in action:)
  3. We celebrated Brent's 31st birthday this week.  We're not big birthday celebraters in our house, but birthdays always remind me how grateful I am for the birthday boy/girl.  There are SO many reasons I'm grateful for Brent...maybe that will be a future blog post:)
  4. Last Sunday we dedicated Nora at church.  I mentioned a bit about this in her 4 Month post.  It was a good reminder of the spiritual element of parenting in the midst of the everyday physical and emotion needs we meet for our children.
  5. Last weekend I was able to attend the Hearts at Home conference in Rochester.  It's a conference for moms with children of all ages to come together to be refreshed and to learn from the large variety of speakers on tons of topics relating to parenting, motherhood, marriage, etc.  Brent was the wonderful POD (parent on duty) while I was away Friday evening and all day Saturday which allowed me to recharge at the conference:)

No comments:

Post a Comment