Friday, February 22, 2013

High Five for Friday

Luke at Swimming Lessons
Blurry pic thanks to a humid room
and a baby grabbing for my phone while taking the picture:)  
Cutie Pie
Peaceful Sleeper
Nora's First Time in the Snow
Celebrating Luke's 7th and Annie's 11th Birthday with Pickers
(And, yes, Annie has 12 candles on her cake:))

  1. I started reading a book this week!  Sounds simple, but it's my first "book for pleasure" since Nora's been born.  For the past seven months, reading has consisted of articles in newspapers and magazines and educational books about baby development. 
  2. Celebrating Luke & Annie's birthday's at our house with Pickers.  Both kids have friend birthday celebrations separately, so it's fun to get together as a family to celebrate together too. 
  3. Nora and I had a few appointments at the clinic this morning and she was an absolute peach!  She had one shot and only cried for a minute, then was back to smiling at the nurse.  We had a stretch of time waiting between appointments and Nora blessed many with her inquisitive looks and big smiles:)  She also kept herself entertained in her car seat with her toys while I had my appointment.  All in all a great morning, especially considering it was in the middle of nap time and she only slept on the car ride to and from the clinic.  
  4. Thursday was a great day of volunteering in Luke's class.  Typically when I help Thursday mornings, the first grade classes do their flex reading time which means the kids break into groups with teachers according to their reading level.  This week they did not have flex reading so I got to have the entire morning with Luke's class.  I love the opportunity to get to know the kids he spends most of his days with and to help out with fun stuff like finishing up art projects, taking pictures of the kids with their finished projects, and giving spelling tests.  It probably sounds strange, but I just feel so at home in Luke's school and love being able to share in some of his experiences there.  
  5. I've been challenged recently through several different channels to consider the "stage" I am currently in in my life and how I can make the most of it, both at home and in the world around me.  This week I gave a lot more thought to this as a result of attending the memorial service for a wonderful woman from our church and a reassuring conversation with a mom who is several stages ahead of me in her mothering journey.  I realize this week's #5 is rather vague, but I'm still processing...just know it was a good week of processing:)


2 comments:

  1. I "get" how you feel about volunteering at school. I will never regret going 1/2 time at work when Brianna was born, I was able to help in all 3 kids classes once a week, I was able to help with many activities and field trips, those were my fondest memories. It's a great way to get to know your kids friends and keep tabs on what's going on in school. I like the picture of Luke holding Nora in the snow, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures :) I hope I can volunteer for my kids too, I feel like I would love that. I liked that my mom did that too :) I'm intrigued by your vague #5, the funeral made me think about some things too in my motherhood journey :)

    ReplyDelete